Saturday, October 23, 2010

Somatic Glass

Duuuudeeee. I haven't seen a lot from Somatic Glass, but what I have looks so cool!!! Interesting shapes (which for glass I'm assuming is more difficult than it looks) and LAYERED glass (never seen that before!) The guy who runs this outfit is an ex-Glasswear Studios glassblower and I must say that I like what he's doing. I can't wait for his website to be done.


Blue layer mollusks. They give me a total jewelry boner. I really hope I get to see these in-ear sometime soon because I really want to see how they hang. Apparently, the 1/2" mollusks are 3" long, which is pretty huge. This excites me very much... yes... creepy voice commencing... I'd really like to see them in grey and white.





Spiral eggs. You can't really see it that well in the picture, but the first loop of the spiral goes up a little higher so that the spirally part is centered at the bottom. I am so into the subtlety of these things. You probably wouldn't even know they were egg shaped unless you really paid attention... but that's the beauty of it I guess. I have my share of spirals in wood and glass, but I am totally up to getting another pair if they're this rad.

Pics stolen from Somatic Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment